Living on or near a lake brings unique pleasures. At the same time, problems arise creating the need for information and education. Lake home owners, concerned citizens, lake associations and environmental professionals joined together to meet that need with the formation of the NJCOLA.
Excessive weed and algae growth, turbid water, sedimentation and bacterial or toxic contamination present a real threat to the ecological health and beauty of the inland lakes we treasure.
What is COLA?
The Coalition of Lake Associations is united for the purpose of:
- Sharing their experience in lake water and community association management
- Increasing their knowledge of lake association problems and alternative solutions
- building a strong political voice which can help formulate legislation favorable to the preservation of all lake communities as natural resources
What is the Function of Cola?
We hold frequent informative and educational meetings and workshops on various relevant topics such as:
- Dam Maintenance
- Algae Control
- Eutrophication Causes and Corrective Measures
- Septic Management
- Acid Rain
- Weed Control
- Legislation and Regulatory Matters
- State and Municipal Planning
- Club Management